Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Cal Poly SLO
East Los Angeles College
Fayetteville State University
Gainesville State College
Johnson County CC
New School (the)
San Fransisco State
Santa Clara University
South Florida - St. Pete
Texas State (San Marcos)
Welcome to the opencaselist wiki
As of Fall 2011, the
information is available
The objective of this space is to collaboratively develop the best possible scouting for the NDT/CEDA intercollegiate debate community.
Better intelligence improves all debating.
Members of the debate community all want to see debate at its best. As competitors, we want to debate against the best competition. This caselist is part of that effort.
This is an ongoing community project. It takes hard work and contribution by each member of the community to improve our debating as a whole by advancing argument as much as possible from one round to the next. The hope is that decentralizing control over contributions will provide better information for everyone, improving the debating of the entire community.
The impetus for this space is multifold:
1. Fair and open access to information improves everyone's debating.
2. Decentralized contribution improves "at tournament" and "pre-tournament" scouting, shifting the burden of scouts from mere collectors to evaluators of current information who can prioritize their scouting appropriately.
3. It inverts the centralized model--"free-riding" complaints and public haranguing by scouting directors work, but the best corrective is probably community input. If you see someone with inadequate scouting, do what you can to correct it! If someone contacts you for your cites, post them here for everyone to see!
My hope is that it becomes a norm for each tournament to require updated information from each team entered. This space facilitates that by eliminating the need for a pre-tournament compiler—replacing that role by making all participants a pre-tournament intelligence evaluator who can identify shortcomings and focus on them as the tournament progresses.
To Edit This Space
You need to become a member of the wiki.
This space is currently
. It can be seen by everyone, but only space members can edit pages.
To become a space member, please email
or click the "join" link at the top of the page. If you request membership by clicking the link at the top of this page, please choose a descriptive member name.
1. Add all you want. Delete nothing. Corrections should be noted in subsequent additions.
2. Page organization:
Each school gets a page.
Each team gets an aff page and a neg page: see existing school pages for the basic idea
Teams are arranged alphabetically with their newest information first.
Use "*[*[toc]*]*" (without the asterisks or quotation marks) at the top of each page to make the page automatically generate a table of contents based on heading levels.
Use heading 2 to list the specific team name (preferably not just initials).
Use normal for other text.
3. Include all contextual information:
Tournament & Round
To get started, click on the 'edit' link above to add content to this page. You and other contributors can also comment on pages using the 'discussion' link at the top of every page.
For more information on how to use Wikispaces, see our
We're always here to help out. Drop us an email at
These dramatically increase compiling efficiency.
How to Use The Scouting Templates
Aff Scouting Template
Neg Scouting Template
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"